SubjectRe: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)
Date
In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10007202312140.12630-100000@master.linux-ide
.org>, An
dre Hedrick writes:

[snip]

Andre

Please cool down.

> You know what, if you compile the full taskfile option into the kernel,
> ROOT can screw itself into a throbbing orgasm, but a limited access for
> general use has to be the default to protect all of the newbies!

OK. What you say here is with this option compiled root can destroy
the IDE drive(s), BUT has a "limited access" for non-root. Now, the
REAL question here is: can a non-root user destroy IDE disk(s)? If
no, then of what use is your patch? If the answer is a definite yes,
then obviously there is a *serious* bug in the IDE/SCSI drivers.

I hope this may help the rather hot situation. :-)

Bob

BTW, you seem to lose your temper all to easily. Count slowly to
(some number) while taking a deep breath between each count. :-)

| Bob Taylor Email: brtaylor@inreach.com |
| [Concerning MSFT innovating their way out of a wet paper bag.] |
| "Maybe if it were a very very wet paper bag, but then they'd |
| face the insurmountable barrier of surface tension." |
| -- Geoffrey Tobin <G.Tobin@latrobe.edu.au> |