    SubjectRe: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Stephen Frost wrote:

    > And yet you would need to be root to do this, and I would suspect
    > it *much* more likely a clueless root user would cat junk to /dev/sda than
    > a program run as root which uses ioctl's would clobber it's own memory
    > space and nuke the disk. Probably alot more likely any such program would
    > segfault before doing much actually.

    Assume a security exploit of you /bin/bash.
    The publish ATA and SCSI program codes have been defined small enough to
    push into a shellstack "memory push" buy a clever non-root user.

    NO-ROOT involved here 'users.users'

    Is this clear enough.

    Now if you want to bet you butt on your security protocols are perfect,
    GO-AWAY! Stop pumping garbage into a serious issue.

    Andre Hedrick
    The Linux ATA/IDE guy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:19.820 seconds]