From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@meteng.on.ca>
To: "Stephen Liu" <satimis@writeme.com>
Cc: <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: Package for configuration, compilation and installation

> Guessing here that what you meant to say was:
>
> Kindly advise the complete package files essential for
> configuration, compilation and installation, OF A NEW LINUX
> KERNEL.
>
> To compile the kernel you need the source code installed,
> including the header files.
>
> Install kernel-headers

During installing Linux the first time from RH CD, I select "Everything"
from the option. But a lot of HD space will be occupied. What I need to
know is the package list essential to be installed at the beginning for the
use of future installing A NEW LINUX KERNEL and/or other applications.

I am sorry not having the forgoing explained clear in my previous posting.
Thanks

Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.768 / U:0.648 seconds]