    SubjectRe: MDA video detection request.

    > As you might have guessed I have a multihead fetish, there are 3 PCI slots in
    > my machine, and I have 3 ISA card slots so that means a possible total of 6
    > monitors. I know that having ISA VGA, EGA and MDA all going at ones is not
    > going to happen, so it is probably more like a maximum of 4 monitors. I have
    > tried and I can fit them all on my desk at once, just need the support in the
    > kernel now.

    Me too. I own about 8 video cards. Only five fit in my system :-( I have 3
    keyboards as well but I haven't built the sun keyboard to serial adapater
    yet. I do have code that runs multihead now. It only works for vgacon and
    mdacon and a special NVIDIA text mode driver. Which means I haven't
    updated the fbdev layer yet. Its in the linux console project CVS. I just
    tested it and it's against a test4 kernel which works fine. Give it a try.

    > I thought that writting one myself might teach me something, so far
    > it has. I am going to subscribe to the fbdev list and ask there again. I am
    > actually on the s3-fbdev list I think, but there has been no traffic for a
    > few months.

    The virge card is very different from other cards. Especially the streams
    processor. Its also a pain in the neck to debug. It locks a machine very
    easy :-(

    Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
    A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

    James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
    fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
    http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
    http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U
    http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.027 / U:0.260 seconds]