    SubjectRe: [Announce] BKL shifting into drivers and filesystems - beware
    Date

    viro@math.psu.edu said:
    > OK, folks - current bunch of changes looks rather interesting from
    > the scalability point of view, but it means changes in 3rd-party code.
    > Doing it during the 2.4 is obviously not an option and postponing to
    > 2.5 looks like an overkill since changes are massive but very simple.

    Does this mean we want to kill sleep_on() in 2.4 too, rather than waiting
    till 2.5? I understood that the main reason for keeping it was because
    filesystem code still uses it, and it's valid because filesystem code always
    holds the BKL.

    --
    dwmw2