    SubjectRe: Do ramdisk exec's map direct to buffer cache?
    Hi!

    > The only problem with JFFS is that it doesn't do compression, so there's
    > a lot to be said for using cramfs if you have space constraints (and in
    > embedded devices, if you don't have space constraints you're doing
    > something wrong ;). So mixture of ramfs, cramfs and JFFS can be a good
    > thing.

    Thanx for pointer. I'm using initrd with ext2 on my philips velo (and
    was thinking about starting using _compressed_ ext2 on it), but cramfs
    seems like much better solution. I'd love to have some flash-rom,
    unfortunately machine has none :-(.

    Anyway, is there read/write compressed driver, currently?
    Pavel
    --
    I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss@linmodems.org