    SubjectRe: ReiserFS patch for 2.4.0-test2
    The 2.4 series is slower than the 2.2 series for FS usage regardless of whether
    ext2 or reiserfs. The slowness is believed to not be a reiserfs feature but to
    be due to the upper layers above reiserfs. There might be some benefit to their
    becoming more systematic in testing performance of VFS/VM before accepting
    patches, and testing like we do. If that is desired, I can probably spare some
    of Yura's time for that.

    Hans