SubjectRe: No 3D support in test2+ kernels?

Hello... Just a quick question...

Does anyone know why there ins't a G400 option in the DRI kernel stuff? I
wasn't able to successfully to get a G400 DRI module out of the X source
after several hours of recompiling and I can't understand why the G400
kernel module isn't in the official kernel tree when the 3dfx module, etc
already is. Is it right to expect a user to have a copy of the X source
laying around to get DRI kernel modules? or perhaps I'm misunderstanding
their purpose?

Thanks for your time...

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Michael Meding wrote:

> Hi Kris,
>
> > I don't know if this has already been explored or not but it is aparent
> > that all kernels starting with test2 have broken 3d support under
> > Linux. I know this is true at least for my 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3500 and
> > probably for a G400 I'm working with. When I run Quake 3 it says it
> > can't find the hardware. What happened?
>
> G400 with 2.4.0-test3-pre7 works fine here. Do you use the kernel
> modules from dri or from XFree or from the kernel ?
>
> I use latest cvs both from XFree86 (have problems with the matrox and
> 2D) and dri.sourceforge.net (here everything seems to be fine, I have
> the source after they merged in 4.01).
>
> 3D - DRI acceleration seems fine here. It even loads the module
> automatic.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael Meding
>
> PS If it is really neccessary for you to know wehter 3dfx support runs,
> then I will plugin a 3dfx Voodoo3 for you and test it. I have one here.
>
> -

Bruce A. Locke
blocke@shivan.org

"The Internet views censorship as damage and routes around it"
www.eff.org www.peacefire.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.043 / U:0.364 seconds]