SubjectRe: ReiserFS patch for 2.4.0-test2
Chris Mason wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Juan Casero wrote:
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > May I ask if the reiserfs patch for the 2.40-test kernels is useable? I know
> > the whole spiel about the 2.40-test2 kernels being development kernels but I
> > find them to be fairly stable for desktop use. I currenty have a Mandrake 7.1
> > system with a ReiserFS root partition. I want to run the newer 2.4.0-test
> > series of kernels because of the improve support for my IDE chipset but I need
> > to make sure that the patch won't trash my root file system altogether. Please
> > don't take offense at my question since I know I am wading into deep water here.

Remember that the reiserfs patches for 2.4.x are only experimental and are unreliable
according to the readme that comes with them. Also reiserfsck is not finished yet for
this version (a sore point with me as it has already corrupted a couple of directories...)

Tony

--

#define QUESTION ((bb) || !(bb)) - Shakespeare

tmh@magenta-logic.com