    SubjectRe: [patch] vsyscall feature

    On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > What we have to provide to userspace is a table of pointer to functions,
    > the vsyscall table. Then glibc is changed to use:
    >
    > call *0xfffc000

    yep, this is exactly the plan, but with a bit more flexible 'syscall
    numbering and parametering' interface. Remember, we might want to have
    several future iterations of this, even if it costs a few cycles in the
    entry code. I'll re-post the patch (with additions, the current one is
    mainly a proof of concept thing showing the major benefits and design
    elements) for 2.5 once the tree opens, but i think now lets concentrate on
    2.4 :-)

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.025 / U:0.252 seconds]