    SubjectRe: ipchains and pppd
    On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Riley Williams wrote:

    >Is there anybody here that can advise me regarding either pppd or
    >ipchains, or better still both?
    >
    >Problem 1: I have pppd set up to dial out on my modem /dev/ttyS2
    > using wvdial as the dialling engine. How do I set the
    > system up to allow dial-in on the SAME port using the
    > auto-PPP authentication and switching?

    Check out the various Serial HOWTO's, PPP HOWTO, and other
    similarly named howto's. I set up the above using one of the
    HOWTO's before, but I can't remember exactly which one.

    >Problem 2: I have been able to set up kernel 2.2.12 to forward IP
    > traffic by masquerading it as itself. How do I set it
    > up WITHOUT the masquerading?

    Huh? I don't exactly understand the question... But for IP
    forwarding, you generally just:

    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

    and then ensure the route's are added properly. I don't
    understand your IP masquerade problem.

    >The problems relate to different computers, both configured with
    >RedHat 6.1 and using the kernels as supplied, without compiling
    >any special kernels.
    >
    >Any advice much appreciated...

    You might also want to try the ipchains mailing list:

    ipchains@rustcorp.com

    Good list.
    TTYL

    --
    Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
    Computer Consultant GNU advocate

    Suspicious Anagram #4:
    Word: PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA
    Anagram: TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.023 / U:0.108 seconds]