    SubjectRe: Linux responsiveness under heavy load
    On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Nicolas MONNET wrote:

    > Is there anything planned to make linux perform better in this
    > area?

    We're working on it. Andrea Arcangeli is currently improving
    the disk scheduling algorithm, I have some (small) changes to
    the memory management subsystem and a number of other people
    are working on patches that aren't ready/public yet...

    It's true that we lag somewhat behind FreeBSD in this point,
    but we're working on it :)

    regards,

    Rik
    of people. That is its real strength.