    SubjectRe: HELP!!! Passing File descriptors
    "A.Srinath Reddy" wrote:

    > I want to pass file descriptors between two processes.I read
    > man cmsg where the code for sending fds is given.But how do I receive
    > them.I have tried the following one, but not working.Can anybody please
    > help me.

    In the future you may want to provide a little more information, e.g. what
    error you're getting, kernel version, etc.

    One thing I ran into is that I originally had the processing sending the
    file descriptors using an empty iovec[] array and as a result it appeared
    to unix_stream_sendmsg() that the message contained no data. If you don't
    have it already, I highly recommend Richard Steven's "Unix Network
    Programming: Volume 1", he covers this topic in section 14.7.

    Good luck,

    Patrick O'Rourke

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:10.692 seconds]