    SubjectRe: Some perfomance info.
    Hi,

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2000 21:37:25 +0300, "Peter Zaitsev" <pz@spylog.ru> said:

    > As far AS i know currently linux does not have in the procefs perfomance
    > data about disk transfers by partitions, transfer bytes information (to
    > measure trasfered size) and cache hits/misses information. All of this can
    > be really helpfull for perfomance monitoring. I know the such patch exists
    > and I'm wondering if it would be added so 2.4.x would have such perfomance
    > data avaible.

    Last time I submitted it for 2.3 it collided with a fairly major cleanup
    of the block device code. Al, what's the status on that? If I redo the
    sard diff, is the 2.3.50 codebase worth basing it on or is the block_dev
    structure still liable to change before 2.4?

    --Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.025 / U:0.008 seconds]