    SubjectRe: PCI device initialization.
    Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > Rui Sousa wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Some questions about the new PCI device initialization:

    [snipped a number of Q&A]

    Thanks for your previous answers, now I have a couple more questions:

    Which is the proper way of dealing with multifunction devices?
    (I'm talking about a sound card with a joystick port)

    Right now the driver searches for two independent devices which works
    ok except for the fact that I need to make some connection between joystick
    and sound card (I need to access the sound card pci_dev->driver_data from the
    joystick
    initialization routine). I could always look for another device on the same
    slot but who guarantees this has already been initialized?

    The pci device layout is (lspci -vv):
    00:13.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Unknown device 1102:0020
    I/O ports at ef40
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    00:13.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! Daughterboard (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Unknown device 1102:0020
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
    I/O ports at eff0
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    Rui Sousa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:31.528 seconds]