Subjectactivating mttr on voodoo 3
Date
Reading Documentation/mrtr.txt, I realized that the 2.5 speed amelioration
wasn't systematic once mtrr was compiled in.
I looked at my X server start up and saw something like :
voodoo 3 2000 memory starting at address1, address2.
I putted the first address in /proc/mtrr (under 2.3.48), restarted X, and after
3 seconds up, I had a system freeze and had to do a hard ( button) reboot.

Am I doing the procedure wrong, or is mtrr broken (It didn't compile in 2.3.47).

TIA for your reply to this mostly off topic question.

--

Passe que moi, au dpart, j'avais fait informatique comme tudes, pas
NT, et je voudrais revenir mon mtier premier.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans