SubjectNetworking concurrency on UP (2.3.x)
Is it possible on a UP kernel for a network stack/device, CIPE to be
specific, to be reentering itself and hence not working? On 2.3.36 or
37 (cannot remember) CIPE, with my minimal porting, started hanging or
stalling, and on .33 and later it was unstable. I have made it compile
and be stable now on .38 and later (I believe it was .38 where the
routing ip_id_count changed). Problem is it hangs (the connection) and
stalls HORRIBLY.

My question is, were there softnet or other networking changes I should
be aware of or locking issues that might cause these kind of stall
outs? I saw the Softnet howto, but I thought that only referred to
hardware... but cipe does simulate that, so I will be looking into it.
Are there other such 2.2.x=>2.3.x transition documents for drivers and
networking stacks?

Trever
--
For the finest in family and value oriented products:
http://www.daysofyore.com