SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.15pre12
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Your ulimits are applied first. This only kicks in at the point something
> has to die and we are totally out of memory

just wondering, could linux implement a 'hard' memory alloc policy? a la
solaris/Tru64/and probably many other unices.. ie when memory is
allocated to an app, it's /guaranteed/ to be there?

also, what is the difference between overcommit_memory set and not
set. I understand from the doc's that when set it's 'free love man' as
far as memory goes, but what are the restrictions put in place when ==
0?

regards,

Paul Jakma.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans