    SubjectRe: Is ReiserFS really a journaling file system, or is it really
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Andi Kleen <>
    In newsgroup:
    > I guess he wants a truncation to zero bytes if the file was writen to,
    > but not closed yet when it crashed. For some apps like an ftp server
    > that makes sense, but I wouldn't want it on a general file system
    > (because I value my logfiles)

    Truncation is fine, as long as the resulting file only contains blocks
    that actually belonged to the file. stat() will then be able to
    detect that the file is partial, and that the transfer needs to be
    restarted or resumed.

    <> at work, <> in private!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:2.480 seconds]