SubjectRe: Slow pthread_create() under high load

On 30-Mar-00 Christopher Smith wrote:
> While it's undoubtedly doable in user-space, the whole idea of that
> feature is to avoid signal-handling overhead (and replace it with
> thread creation overhead I guess ;-). I'm not sure how one would do
> THAT in user space without some kind of kernel support.

You'd simply block that signal in all threads and have the signal handler
thread use sigwait() to wait for the signal to turn up. If your signal
load is heavy enough that you need multiple threads to deal with it, you
can create multiple signal handler threads.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.334 / U:0.044 seconds]