SubjectRe: NWFS Source Code Posted at 207.109.151.240
On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:17:12PM +0100, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> As I understand it, your nwfs is probably the first filesystem to
> have been successfully "ported" to Linux. Pretty much everything
> else (with, perhaps, the exception of the abomination that is the
> NTFS driver) started off native.

Hey, I *am* trying to find time to look at it <g>

> The multiple times that I have written 30 to 70% of a filesystem,
> I found the romfs and minixfs code to be most instructive as a
> guide to the VFS interfaces. The buffer and page cache stuff is
> rather harder to track down canonical examples for, though again
> minixfs is pretty helpful, if rather simplistic.

ext2 really isn't too bad an example, either. The page cache stuff seemed
to be surprisingly simple (unless I've missed some important wrinkles) to
figure out from that, and the relevant bits of vfs code.

--
Never count your chickens before they rip your lips off