SubjectRe: Answer (Re: Cylinder limits jumper for drives over 32GB)
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> David Elliott:
>
> Anyway, I know you are working overtime trying to fix this problem.
>
> Hmm. A somewhat disappointing statement from you.
> I think the problem has been fixed already. You got the code
> three days ago or so. We are waiting for you to report on the
> results, but all that happens is a pointless continuation of
> the discussion without any new facts.
>
> Maybe I should find this hardware myself and do the checking.

Andries,

I am running overtime to fix a known ATA-33 chipset that fails with a
40GB also fails with ATA-66 and its cousin an ATA-66 that fails with a 40GB
drive. I think have it fixed for auto-tuning and timing correction.
Once I get this finish, I can verify the sample code. I have been
working on this for two straight days because of the issue.

The super cool point is that I have two BIOS images for the two cards.
Each card has a BIOS that fails and works........

This is the perfect test case.........

Also i386/ia64/MAC/PPC users get a new ATA-66 card
AEC6260 and AEC6260M

Squeezing AEC6210 and AEC6260/M in to the same chipset code is painful but
almost done........

I will figure out how to intruduce the XXXX_MAX_ADDRESS pair into the
kernel with a CONFIG_XXXX_MAX_ADDRESS_PAIR option.

Nice work on your GEOMETRY code ;-)

I am just sleep deprived and grump!!

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.926 / U:0.008 seconds]