    SubjectRe: Is ReiserFS really a journaling file system, or is it really just a synchronous-metadata file system like BSD FFS?
    On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Chris Mason wrote:

    >This won't solve the kernel.org problem, as it only promises that what is
    >in the file has been written at least once, instead of making sure the
    >entire file is there.

    Of course. That solves only half of the problem: the security issue. OTOH
    in a fileserver usually files gets not overwritten so reiserfs should take
    care of the main concern.

    For full data consistency I don't think it's possible without data
    journaling.

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.038 / U:1.304 seconds]