SubjectRe: The 2.3.x Job List (Updated)
Alan Cox wrote:

> Use PCI DMA 'lost interrupt' problem with some hw [which ?]

There are a few APIC patches that should be added before 2.4:

* TLB flush should used highest priority instead of lowest priority
* `ls /proc/irq/*`: the smp affinity code creates multiple folders with
the same name, looks funny ;)
* we should set the smp affinity mask to the actual cpu online mask, at
least that fixed the 'lost interrupt' problems on my board [Gigabyte
BXD, 440BX chipset]. Perhaps we should do that for UP IOAPIC as well.
I forwarded everything to Ingo.

Mike Porter noticed that the PIIX code and the hdparm -i output don't
match, perhaps this explains the remaining problems - apart from broken
hardware ;)

--
Manfred