SubjectRe: eepro100.c
On Sat, Mar 25, 2000, Andrey Savochkin <saw@saw.sw.com.sg> wrote:
; Alan,
;
; I've applied the essential portion of this patch to the driver with some
; other fixes:
; - Some #ifdef's for 2.3 kernels were removed.
; - PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_82559ER definition (for earlier 2.2 kernels).
; - Increased timeout for wait_for_cmd_done() as in more recent Donald's
; drivers. The problem of insufficient timeout was reported by
; "Krawl, Roeland" <RKrawl@microtest.com>.
; The driver has been put on the ftp site
; ftp://ftp.sw.com.sg/pub/Linux/people/saw/kernel/v2.2/
; and the patch against 2.2.15 prepatches is attached.
;
; However, I'm a bit nervous about all these changes because they're not so
; easy to verify. So it may make sense to wait a bit for some feedback.

The bug report that I got was, the machine would lock up sometimes during
bootup not always though. I was abble to reproduce the problem pretty
contigously by using a simple script as:

while true ;
do
echo Starting Network;
/network start;
echo Network Running;
sleep 5;
echo Stopping Network;
/network stop;
echo Network Stopped;
sleep 5
done

This would lockup the machine anywhere from 1 min to 1/2 an hour.
The machine was linked to a HP switch with FC capability, and the
IP assignment was done using DHCP, card used 559ER....
With the patch that I sentin, the system has been running for about 4
days now....

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans