    SubjectRe: eepro100.c
    On Sat, Mar 25, 2000, Andrey Savochkin <> wrote:
    ; Alan,
    ; I've applied the essential portion of this patch to the driver with some
    ; other fixes:
    ; - Some #ifdef's for 2.3 kernels were removed.
    ; - PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_82559ER definition (for earlier 2.2 kernels).
    ; - Increased timeout for wait_for_cmd_done() as in more recent Donald's
    ; drivers. The problem of insufficient timeout was reported by
    ; "Krawl, Roeland" <>.
    ; The driver has been put on the ftp site
    ; and the patch against 2.2.15 prepatches is attached.
    ; However, I'm a bit nervous about all these changes because they're not so
    ; easy to verify. So it may make sense to wait a bit for some feedback.

    The bug report that I got was, the machine would lock up sometimes during
    bootup not always though. I was abble to reproduce the problem pretty
    contigously by using a simple script as:

    while true ;
    echo Starting Network;
    /network start;
    echo Network Running;
    sleep 5;
    echo Stopping Network;
    /network stop;
    echo Network Stopped;
    sleep 5

    This would lockup the machine anywhere from 1 min to 1/2 an hour.
    The machine was linked to a HP switch with FC capability, and the
    IP assignment was done using DHCP, card used 559ER....

    With the patch that I sentin, the system has been running for about 4
    days now....

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.038 / U:3.244 seconds]