    SubjectRe: Power down with ACPI?
    Blu3Viper wrote:

    > Regarding ACPI and acpid, where's information on battery status for laptops?
    >
    > I have read the docs, I have read the source. Nothing jumps out at me.

    Go to the "other" ACPI4Linux project, and download their acpid...

    http://phobos.fs.tum.de/acpi/
    http://phobos.fs.tum.de/acpi/download/acpid-031700.tar.gz

    grep for battery :)

    I do not know at all how well the current ACPI4Linux software works, if
    at all, since it is not the "official" ACPI Linux implementation AFAIk.
    IIRC it used to have a big kernel implementation but was fairly
    featureful. I don't know if that has changed.

    Jeff

    --
    Jeff Garzik | Tact is the ability to tell a man
    Building 1024 | he has an open mind when he has a