SubjectRe: cx register problem in loop_cast.c
On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Huh? I thought CAST support was broken and only included to motivate
> people to fix it to use the CryptoAPI? Please tell me if that has
> changed!

You may well be right - but if so I think this was a *bad* idea since
the international patch set I used was against a *stable* branch kernel.
One does have a reasonable expectation that the internationalized 2.2.14
should be equally stable to americanized 2.2.14...

So the upshot is that no one should enable the cast128 option... I can
live without that particular encoding if need be. I would suggest that
someone apply a fix to the patch-int-2.2.14-1.gz and come out with a -2.

I found that there was also a loop_cast.c.new in the same directory, and that
it had a " 0 && " added to the conditional compilation, thus disabling that code
block entirely. That was the solution I ended up using to get a clean compile.
Well, almost clean. There was a warning or two left over. Perhaps this should be
made part of the stable track patch.

Or else the encoding could be removed from stable and only applied to 2.3.x
international patches where the expectation is that there are broken things
that need to be noticed and fixed.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.052 / U:0.248 seconds]