SubjectRe: Linux loading Linux
> A limitation right now is that it doesn't handle reboots of SMP boxes.
> That seems pretty hairy. Any comments on the code and/or suggestions
> about what to do with SMP would be greatly appreciated.

The problem with the SMP case is you need to spin the other processors (you
might find the MP1.4 bios writers info very useful since it basically tells
you what is expected). You'd have to find somewhere to hide a small piece
of code across the reboot (eg in the low 4K or EBDA). The bios is the low
1K from memory so putting it at the end of the 4K we preserve ought to work

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.040 / U:0.028 seconds]