    SubjectRe: Video CD under Linux
    On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 02:01:40PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > I've recently discovered that the "VCD format", i.e. 2352 bytes
    > > sectors, seem to be completely unsupported under Linux (both in terms
    > > of reading and writing CD:s). Am I correct? If so, how come? Is it
    > > just that nobody has bothered to implement it?
    > It is supported for both reading (via the ioctl interface since its not
    > really a file system) and for writing by some of the writing tools (cdrao I
    > believe)
    To be somewhat more precise, writing is only supported as far as copying is
    concerned. And yes, cdrdao (CDR disk at once) can copy VCD format. If anyone
    knows of a pssibility to master a VCD, please let me know!
    I would very much like to toast some MPEG-I movies I have got to a VCD which
    would also enable standalone VCD players to play them without the need for a
    computer beeing turned on (OK actually the VCD player is a computer ;) but I
    guess you know what I mean).
    CU
    nils

    --