SubjectRe: EEK! Able to eject mounted Zip Disk (2.3.46/2.2.13)
> I suspect the following:
> - eject uses privately constructed SCSI commands to eject your disk
> so you are doing this entirely behind the back of everybody,
> the kernel does not know what you did.

I'm way out of my league on this one, but doesn't SCSI provide a way to
"lock" removable media into a device, such that an "unlock" command is
required before it can be ejected?

It seems that mounting a removeable device (and I believe removable
devices are identified as such) should lock the media so that eject, even
if it's sending an eject command directly to the device, will fail to
eject media with a mounted filesystem.

-- Lars

Lars Kellogg-Stedman <> -->