SubjectRe: PCMCIA broken, many issues
> > Oh, OK, those are more serious issues unrelated to media selection.
> > Normally I would blame the PCMCIA code and refer you to David Hinds, but
> > with the in-kernel CardBus implementation it's not that easy to
> > point to the right person.
>
> on a similar note and perhaps you might know more of the reason, I
> have two Linksys cards, one cardbus one 16bit. Neither of them will
> negotiate a link with: 3com (everything), SynOptics (everything),
> D-Link (100base FE hub), and some TrendNet hubs.

It is very hard for me to deal with bug reports for PCMCIA in the
2.3.* kernel tree. Partly because the 2.3.* code doesn't work with my
laptops. But also because I can't tell if bugs are specific to 2.3.*
or are general PCMCIA driver problems. It would be very useful for
you to determine if these problems are specific to the 2.3.* tree, or
if they also occur with a stable kernel and the latest stable PCMCIA
driver package. And then I'd want to see comparisons of system log
messages with the old drivers and with 2.3.*.

There are some new D-Link DFE-650 cards that require some special
transceiver tweaking at initialization time. I don't have a general
solution yet, partly because I don't actually have one of these cards
yet.

-- Dave Hinds

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.040 / U:0.544 seconds]