    SubjectRe: Logical problem withj devfs/devfsd
    > Richard decided that's how devfs will work (r-x on symlinks).  Normally
    > symlinks are always rwx, but Richard made the decision "to break
    > programs that oughtn't depend on this" as far as I can tell.

    His symlinks are broken yes

    > > Therefore the pcm and mixer devices are not accessible for writing.

    Note I changed these to be owner only. You cannot default stuff like pcm
    to general access its not secure. It is the job of PAM to assign devices
    to console users.

    > Are you sure? As I understand symlinks, the permissions of the symlink
    > don't matter.

    In theory

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.025 / U:1.004 seconds]