SubjectRe: PCMCIA broken, many issues
Donald Becker wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, David Ford wrote:
>
> > The pcmcia issues I have (at the moment) are OOPSes from insertion/removal
> > and loss of keyboard/mouse. I do have some activation issues from suspend
> > but I'll address those once I can get my laptop to stop crashing from card
> > insertion/removal.
>
> Oh, OK, those are more serious issues unrelated to media selection.
> Normally I would blame the PCMCIA code and refer you to David Hinds, but
> with the in-kernel CardBus implementation it's not that easy to point to the
> right person.

on a similar note and perhaps you might know more of the reason, I have two
Linksys cards, one cardbus one 16bit. Neither of them will negotiate a link
with: 3com (everything), SynOptics (everything), D-Link (100base FE hub), and
some TrendNet hubs.

On some equipment I get a link light on the linksys and some I don't. In all
cases, I never see a link indication on the other equipment.

Note, this is the pcmcia version of linksys stuff. All PCI cards work fine.

I am willing to do some testing, but do keep in mind that I generally need to
reboot between card changes and that really bothers me because I can't do any
other work while I'm testing the pcmcia stuff. The 16bit card uses the ne2k
driver, the cardbus uses the tulip driver (which doesn't work period in 2.3.99
now that it's the "tulip" and not the "tulip_cb" from pcmcia).

-d

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.076 / U:0.296 seconds]