    SubjectRe: 2.3.51 tulip broken
    Donald Becker wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, David Ford wrote:
    >
    > > Donald, is there a clean way to patch your tulip driver into the kernel (2.3.52
    > > and up) now that there are numerous files involved?
    >
    > No, not easily or quickly. The 2.3 structure has been completely changed,
    > starting from an old driver version. Re-implementing my updates would take
    > two or three weeks.

    :( *curses silently*

    > > I'm leaving PCMCIA issues out of this for the moment.
    >
    > They should be considered together: the CardBus (and hot-swap-PCI) design
    > issues are tightly tied to the media selection issue. The driver must be
    > prepared to reset and activate the transceiver after a resume from suspend
    > state. This is different than a in-operation reset. (The former should
    > retrigger autonegotiation, the latter should not.)

    The pcmcia issues I have (at the moment) are OOPSes from insertion/removal and loss
    of keyboard/mouse. I do have some activation issues from suspend but I'll address
    those once I can get my laptop to stop crashing from card insertion/removal.

    > > Can we get a tarball
    > > release of your tulip driver now or if you give me guidance, I'll write up an
    > > html page with the necessary instructions for swapping back and forth?
    >
    > Here is a recent version
    > http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
    > ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/tulip.c
    >
    > My internal version 0.92 has the following updates from v0.91x on that page:
    > Various changes to the header files to track 2.3.* updates
    > Change the interrupt mitigation setting on line 2733 to
    > (Josip Loncaric at ICASE did extensive experimentation to develop a good
    > interrupt mitigation setting)
    > outl(0x8b240000, ioaddr + CSR11);

    Thankyou for your work.

    -d

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.024 / U:0.096 seconds]