SubjectRe: Running JOBS list.
On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 10:24:52PM +0100, Jens Benecke wrote:
> I'd volunteer to help create (and maintain) a place (text file, most
> probably) where developers put their README files for modules _including_
> detailed parameter description and so on in a standard format (probably
> something like the CREDITS file).
>
> If there is any reason why we should be doing something else instead,
> please let me know - I'd surely like to hear your better ideas.
>
> But I think the current situation (README's scattered through the source
> tree) is inacceptable for many people. Having to actually compile your own
> kernel is a seldom task with todays' distros, so browsing the source itself
> does not even occur to many people when looking for driver information.

there is a simple solution. Reorganise the Documentation directory so
that all README files are placed in there and are easily findable. i propose
that they are organised in the same way as the source, eg:

linux/Documentation/drivers/scsi
linux/Documentation/arch/arm
linux/Documentation/net/

It doesn't need to be as deep as the source tree is, only as far as makes
sense. i had a script to do this which i can unearth if anyone's interested.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.080 / U:0.284 seconds]