    SubjectRe: Some questions about linux kernel.
    On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, James Sutherland wrote:

    > It then looks like a legitimate process, and other things die
    > :-)
    > > People have actually tried this and my patch seems to
    > > catch the hog just fine :)
    > Any sufficiently well-coded bomb is indistinguishable from an
    > innocent unattended package :-)

    Indeed. There is always a way to fool any OOM killer.
    The only thing that could save us here are proper
    per-user resource limits, but even then we'd still want
    an emergency OOM killer to rescue the system in situations
    where we hit the wall...

    of people. That is its real strength.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:135.136 seconds]