    SubjectRe: Running JOBS list.
    Date
    On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:24:52 +0100,
    Jens Benecke <jens@pinguin.conetix.de> wrote:
    >On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 04:47:21PM +0100, Giacomo Amabile Catenazzi wrote:
    >> Update documentation. (most documents explain how to use/load modules,
    >> but many are wrong, old, incomplete or confusing a new user!
    >
    >I'd volunteer to help create (and maintain) a place (text file, most
    >probably) where developers put their README files for modules _including_
    >detailed parameter description and so on in a standard format (probably
    >something like the CREDITS file).

    We already have it, it is called Documentation/xxx/yyy.txt. Don't
    bother creating a single file with every possible command line and/or
    module option, you will never keep it up to date, especially with
    external modules. Each driver or subsystem needs its own doc file
    saying what it does, what options it takes and what the more esoteric
    error messages mean. And that file should be maintained by the
    developers of that section of the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.019 / U:30.564 seconds]