SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:

> Chris Mason wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:
> >
> > > Mr. Viro, I suggest the following plan.
> > >
> > > A) You tell us what you think is broken in detail.
> > >
> > Further down, you say that you don't want him working with the code, but
> > for him to give us a detailed list of what's broken is only slightly less
> > work than actually fixing it. We simply need to go through all the VFS
> > interface functions, and make them right.
> It is far less work because he doesn't have to test and debug. These kinds of
> things are more debugging than coding.

Regardless, it isn't the VFS maintainer's job to maintain the FS
code. What I would suggest is that someone go through the linux-kernel
archives for the last few years, search for every time there was a change
to the VFS, and make sure that the patches code is compliant. THEN, if
Alexander still see's some problems, maybe he'll be so kind as to point
them out.