    SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49
    On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:

    > Chris Mason wrote:
    > >
    > > On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > >
    > > > Mr. Viro, I suggest the following plan.
    > > >
    > > > A) You tell us what you think is broken in detail.
    > > >
    > > Further down, you say that you don't want him working with the code, but
    > > for him to give us a detailed list of what's broken is only slightly less
    > > work than actually fixing it. We simply need to go through all the VFS
    > > interface functions, and make them right.
    >
    > It is far less work because he doesn't have to test and debug. These kinds of
    > things are more debugging than coding.

    Regardless, it isn't the VFS maintainer's job to maintain the FS
    code. What I would suggest is that someone go through the linux-kernel
    archives for the last few years, search for every time there was a change
    to the VFS, and make sure that the patches code is compliant. THEN, if
    Alexander still see's some problems, maybe he'll be so kind as to point
    them out.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.018 / U:29.812 seconds]