    SubjectRe: new IRQ scalability changes in 2.3.48

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > So it won't jump until all spinlocks are released _and_ need_resched is
    > set.

    Note that these issues are completely off the map of what is really
    meaningful at this point.

    We want to avoid having long latencies, and we can easily get that by just
    allowing timer interrupts to schedule which we're in a big
    "memcpy_to_user()" and we don't hold any kernel lock etc. No need to try
    to be clever at lock release time - if we get a pending reschedule, we
    might as well leave it pending, it's going to be serviced soon enough

    If you really want hard realtime, go to work with Victor and RTLinux..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.040 / U:46.912 seconds]