SubjectRe: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:

> > Ok, Is it the 64 bits of information needed to find a an object in
> > reiserfs, or is there something else? We are more than open to criticism
> > and direction, privately or to the list.
>
> Well, this ->read_inode2 thing is just plain ugly,

No argument here.

> but that is the last of
> my problems with the code (IOW, I know how to get rid of it). What makes
> me very uneasy is (between other reasons) the fact that none of you guys
> cared to RTFfs/namei.c. I mean, WTF? You got checks that are done in VFS
> all over the friggin place. Got them wrong, BTW. And excuse me, but I
> don't believe in paranoia theory - it just means that nobody cared to read
> the damn thing.

Ok, yes, there are places like this, and clearly, they need to go away.
We are subscribed to fs-devel, and we are making a real effort to stay
more up to date on all the kernel changes (yes, we are on fs-devel). We
should have been fixing the problems you described earlier, but it just
didn't get done.

I'm sending a patch out in a few hours that will have bug fixes, and a
port to 2.3.51. It won't have the cleanup you describe, I'll start on
that on Monday.

Many thanks for you comments and review,
Chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.065 / U:0.768 seconds]