    SubjectRe: Linux-2.3.51, and the pre-2.4 series..
    On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 12:49:00PM -0800, Blu3Viper wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
    > > Too bad he didn't finish the job. I've got a device driver in
    > > there (Computone) which is listed in devices.txt but is NOT handled by
    > > devfsd. So we have to add the links by hand or modify /etc/devfsd.conf

    > 'twould be much better to fix the computone driver.

    To do what? I'm putting in the devfs support now. How does that
    fix the fact that he didn't impliment the links he claimed to impliment
    in devfsd. Ok... He really didn't claim he implimented ALL of them, it
    was just sort of implied in some of the README files, so I guess he has
    an excuse.

    Actually, the devfs support is in and working (which is why I know
    the support in devfsd is NOT in and not working) I just have to hunt down
    an interrupt bug introduced by another fix before I can submit it.

    So... Even after the devfs support is submitted and integrated,
    the devfsd is not going to help you with compatibility with the old links.
    Actually, it will... I'm working on the changes to the devfsd.conf file
    to add the missing support at that level. It just means you have to
    modify yet another config file.

    > -d

    Mike
    --