    SubjectRe: PATCH: /proc/irq/ fix
    Hi Ingo.

    >> ...and btw it is nice to see if some activity happened on
    >> some "unused" irq line: (If you are changing this, making
    >> it output unused but active interrupts might be nice,
    >> too...)

    >> 4: 5 XT-PIC
    >> 5: 4 XT-PIC pcnet_cs
    >> 6: 3 XT-PIC

    > it's already possible to see unused IRQ stats in
    > /proc/stat, and /proc/interrupts is pretty long on bigger
    > IO-APIC systems if all IRQ sources are listed. I'm not sure
    > wether we want this.

    One obvious use of this is in detecting configuration clashes,
    and for that reason, I'd like to see versions of both
    /proc/ioports and /proc/interrupts that list ALL detected
    hardware in a system.

    Can I propose /proc/config/ioports and /proc/config/interrupts
    for the full lists, with the existing ones remaining as active

    Best wishes from Riley.

    * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
    * All rights and wrongs reserved.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.019 / U:4.300 seconds]