Subjectuser-mode port 2.3.51
This is the last of my 2.3.x releases, and the next release will begin my
pre-2.4.x series.

I hope this gets a lot of testing so we fix the stupid bugs before we go into
the pre-2.4 series.

For people who want to give the native kernel the testing it needs, but don't
have a spare box to do it on, this port would be a good way to go. For those
who aren't familiar with it, the user-mode port is a kernel port that runs in
a set of Linux processes. So, you can do some kernel testing without needing
to dedicate a machine to the new kernel.

What's new in this release:
updated to 2.3.51
the virtual console xterms now disappear more intelligently

The patch and kernel are available from http://sourceforge.net/project/filelist
.php?group_id=429

The kernel now includes iso-9660 and vfat so you can directly access CD-ROMs
and floppies from inside the user-mode kernel.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.022 / U:0.480 seconds]