SubjectRe: memory tester and BP6 problems
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

> I agree. I have two BP6 systems, both with dual 366s (tried to Overclock
> to 550 with mixed success). While I can easily get no lockups, the board
> has too many issues an I cannot recommend it for any mission critical or
> server operations. Dual celerons is great if it meets your need, but put
> it on a different board.

I'll second that... after buying into all of the hype on the BP6, I was
sadly disappointed when I was left with a terribly unstable machine
(this was before the "fix-it-all" latest BIOS upgrade and I've since
gotten rid of the board). Unfortunately, the whole experience has soured
SMP for me. I am hoping that should I decide to build another dual
Celeron machine around an ASUS dual board, it'll be no less stable than
any of the single CPU ASUS boards I've used with Linux.