    SubjectRe: Source Code Release of NWFS 2.0 for 2.2/2.3/2.4

    Rik,

    If someone owns an area, the SMART thing is to work through that person
    so we don't duplicate effort. What Pavel already has is 98% of what we
    need, and I'd rather let him own this area. If he doesn't want to
    that's his call, but it makes more work, costs more money, and takes
    more time.

    If you want to mediate my projects, then perhaps I should coordinate
    through you. I need someone to look at our stuff (who is competent with
    the RAID stuff, and tell us whether it would make more sense to use
    what's already there(my first choice). We can also try to junk up our
    brain cells pouring over Pavel's Code, but why should we waste brain
    cells storing information we won't use after it's implemented?
    Particularly when we have a STUDLY expert like Pavel in this area -- and
    who knows, maybe he'll learn something from seeing how someone else does
    mirroring and create something even better down the road for Linux?

    Jeff