SubjectRe: Strange Crashes with 2.3-42 and Athlon 500
Date

Hi Nasa

[Posted and mailed]

In article <001701bf71e5$74d615a0$4f00fea9@nasa>,
nsmith <nsmith@mciworld.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully I won't sound too stupid, but this has happened enough that I
> thought it would be prodent to email the list for some advice. I have had
> my system lock up after a period of time (2-4 hours?) of running with no
> errors. I can't pin point what specifically is causing it as it seems to
> happen somewhat randomly. I once thought it might be the bttv drivers or

[...]

> My sytem is
>
> Athlon 500
> MSI motherboard
> 128 SDRAM
> 9.1 Western Digital Harddrive
> 10.1 IBM Harddrive
> PixelView TV card
> SBLive! Soundcard
> Creative Labs Anniliator Video card
> USR 33.6 ISA Modem

We have two boxes running the Athlon-500 on MSI boards. We found
them to be stable using just one 128M DIMM, but as we add more memory
the system gets *very* unstable immediately. Our conclusion is to
ditch the MSI boards for ASUS boards. That will hopefully solve our
problem.
--
Regards Andreas