SubjectRe: how does kernel get the "current" task struct?
In article <>,
Manfred Spraul <> wrote:
>Could you check the buddy allocator?
>I think that the zoned buddy allocator aligns memory allocations
>relative to the beginning of the zone, and not relative to the physical

The zones have to be aligned, there's no question about that. The
preferred alignment is in the megabyte range, rather than in individual
pages. In fact, I would suggest always making sure that it is aligned to
the largest order that get_free_page() supports, and I think that's true
of all current architectures..