    SubjectRe: how does kernel get the "current" task struct?
    In article <>,
    Manfred Spraul <> wrote:
    >Could you check the buddy allocator?
    >I think that the zoned buddy allocator aligns memory allocations
    >relative to the beginning of the zone, and not relative to the physical

    The zones have to be aligned, there's no question about that. The
    preferred alignment is in the megabyte range, rather than in individual
    pages. In fact, I would suggest always making sure that it is aligned to
    the largest order that get_free_page() supports, and I think that's true
    of all current architectures..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.030 / U:10.108 seconds]