    SubjectRe: how does kernel get the "current" task struct?
    Date
    In article <389998E1.D374DA9D@colorfullife.com>,
    Manfred Spraul <manfreds@colorfullife.com> wrote:

    >Could you check the buddy allocator?
    >I think that the zoned buddy allocator aligns memory allocations
    >relative to the beginning of the zone, and not relative to the physical
    >address.

    The zones have to be aligned, there's no question about that. The
    preferred alignment is in the megabyte range, rather than in individual
    pages. In fact, I would suggest always making sure that it is aligned to
    the largest order that get_free_page() supports, and I think that's true
    of all current architectures..

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.021 / U:31.824 seconds]