SubjectRe: 2.4 Features
Hi all.

Peter: At this stage, would you mind my becoming "Joint e2compfs
Maintainer" with your good self, at least until such time as I'm much
more au fait with the code and its requirements?

Alan: Presumably, as e2compfs isnae in the raw kernel, it wouldn't be
appropriate to list the maintainer thereof in the MAINTAINERS file
therein, right?

>>> Do you have any of the problem reports to hand? If so, let me
>>> have them and I'll see if I can sort out what the problems are,
>>> and also how to fix them.

>> Not off hand --- Alan, do you?

> I've been filing e2compr problems that went away when it was
> disabled in the 'not mainstream, someone elses problem' section
> (the folder accessed rapidly by the 'd' key). Sorry

If any more come up that aren't on Linux-Kernel, can you bounce them
to me instead please?

>> One of the problems is that nobody, to my knowledge, has done
>> any serious sustained stress testing on e2compr. Any offers?

I'm certainly willing to have a go at this, and see what happens.
However, I'm not really sure what would constitute "stress testing" in
this context, so guidance would be appreciated...

Best wishes from Riley.

* Copyright (C) 1999, Memory Alpha Systems.
* All rights and wrongs reserved.