SubjectRe: Do not use stock RedHat 6.0 kernels with SMBFS!
On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 04:22:40PM +0000, Riley Williams wrote:
> Hi David.
>
> >> I've just read through your description of the problem, and
> >> if I'm understanding it correctly, then it's impossible to
> >> set up SMBFS to work in a network where both Win95 and
> >> Win98 are in use.
>
> >> If so, this needs to be sorted out.
>
> > Not true. You just need to turn off the Win95 workarounds
> > in the kernel, and supply the options as needed to smbmount
> > on a per-mount basis. Voila, you get the bug-fixes for
> > Win95 mounts, and none for Win98/NT mounts.
>
> Errr.....Now I'm totally confused...
>
> From the comments made earlier, I understood this bug affected
> behaviour both when mounting a Win9x share from Linux and when
> mounting a Linux Samba share from Win9x. However, your comment
> appears to imply that it only affects the former ???
>
> My query was relating specifically to the latter: How does one
> export a Samba share from Linux in such a way that it can be
> mounted simoultaneously by both Win95 and Win98 systems?

Hi,

Those comments above only relate to mounting Win9x shares on a Linux
system, not the other way around. You shouldn't have any problem with
exporting shares to both W95 and W98 from Linux, at least none that I know
of.

-Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.082 / U:0.284 seconds]