SubjectRe: Linux console driver maintainer?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Sounds great. Lets start the new Linux console project. I've
> > > mucked with the driver allready a bit on my own. I know I'm
> > > going to implement what I want for myself, might as well do it in
> > > an organized manner for everyone to benefit from...
> >
> > Okay. I will see about setting up a console developement site. Will post
> > the details later. We can at least come up with a design in mind when
> > 2.4.X comes out.
>
> Wasnt it called KGI a couple of years ago ?

That was the first attempt to find a solution to multihead. In fact some
of the developers are still working on it. As you can also see if the
posting with the thread other people are also working on this. I like to
see something where everyone can work together to come up with a unified
system for linux. So I'm willing to listen to anyones input. Everyone
playing with mulithead already have some experience with the problems we
are going to face. So this should accelerate developement.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons (o_
fbdev/gfx developer (o_ (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.073 / U:0.156 seconds]